We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Saginaw

Which Saginaw hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Moving to Saginaw

I am thinking of moving out of California and considering several options, one of which is Saginaw. I would be interested to know about house and condo prices and a preferred neighborhood with banking, shopping, post office, etc. within an easy walking distance. Any information would be appreciated.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Moving to Saginaw

From a Saginaw native-do not move to Saginaw. If you are from the area, that is one thing, but to just move here--no way. I live in the suburbs and they are all pretty nice. But you can't just walk to the post office/bank/shopping in them, except certain parts of Saginaw Township or Thomas Township.

I highly suggest Frankenmuth. Midland. Bay City is a decent possibility too, depends on where you move to in BC-as far as the walking to amenities part.

Housing has always been a good deal in Saginaw, even the suburbs-compared to national averages. And since you are in CA-they will appear to be downright fantastic would be my guess!

All in all-I'd give Frankemuth a very thorough inspection... Really clean, beautiful, they take immense pride in the town, it has wealth, pretty, well-kept neighborhoods, the schools are excellent, nice parks, tourist attractions, near Birch Run with lots of shopping, 2 good golf courses, BRONNER'S, a small zoo, vareity of restaurants, farms, tons of festival to keep you and your guests entertained thru out the year.....need I go on?

You are always close enough to Saginaw from any of those towns to access what SAginaw does off-the Civic Center, theater, etc.

Saginaw Valley
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Moving to Saginaw

Frankenmuth is a great choice....great small town close to larger communities, great schools, clean, safe and beautiful. New condo project being developed on Main Street. Call owner of Rummel Portrait Studio in Frankenmuth.

13. Re: Moving to Saginaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 14, 2009