We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

Which Saginaw hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
464 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

I am looking to travel to Saginaw to attend a Marilyn Monroe exhibit and play. The exhibit is at the Sagniaw Art Museum and the play is at the Pit and Balcony Theatre. Can anyone recommend a hotel and restaurants that are accessible to both these locations?

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

You need to stay at one of the chain hotels out on Tittabawassee Road/I-675. This is near several chain restaurants, fast food places, the mall and other shopping venues, and is a safe area. Four Points by Sheraton, Fairfield Inn, Holiday Inn and Suites, Residence Inn and some others are available. You will need to drive to the theatre and museum, which are close together. There are no hotels near these venues. They are also in relatively safe areas, however, I would not linger alone in the parking lots after dark.

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
471 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

another option, if you are looking for a B & B is the Montague Inn.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

Yes, that would be a good suggestion also, I forgot about the Montague Inn, nice place, good food.

Ontario
Level Contributor
464 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

How about restaurant recommendations in this area?

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

R U looking for local, or chains, or both?

michigan
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

I am staying in Michigan. Many hotels provide good offers with less price. This season this really good option for couple. Hotels with cheap prices are many in this city. You can easily get the hotel room.

Ontario
Level Contributor
464 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

I'm open to chains or local. Something close to the hotels (I'm probably looking at Ramanda) would be the best. Is there anything you can walk to?

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

The Ramada Inn has one very good restaurant located right in the hotel. It also has a bar, with bar type food available, also decent. I do not recall off hand any other restaurants in the immediate vicinity, walking distance or not. About 1.5-2 miles is a diner-ice cream (Court St.) place-Fuzzy's-comfort food, basic, local hangout. 4 miles-local-Schuch Hotel (passable), Jake's (both at Court/Hamilton). Chains are out by the mall-Tittabawassee/Bay. Applebees, Outback, Bennigans, all fast food, Texas Steakhouse, a Chinese place, Bob Evans.

9. Re: Hotel near Saginaw Art Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 10, 2009