We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mark ridleys comedy castle

Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
mark ridleys comedy castle

HI

I am putting together a Bachlorette party for my friend.

Can anyone tell me if the COMEDY CASTLE would be fun?

All of us are 24 except one Bridesmaid, she is 18.

Can she get in?

Any othe recommendations in the area?

We would like to go to dinner(not too expensive) and maybe a bar or two just to show off the Brides Tiara

We dont know the area at all. We are from Fenton

Thank you

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,879 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mark ridleys comedy castle

I'm going there in 2 weeks with half of my graduating class from the University High School in Ann Arbor (class of '68), because our classmate Frazier Smith is performing that night. I honestly haven't been in Royal Oak since I was baptized in the Presbyterian church there in 1954. But I'll write a report when I get home in mid July.

And we'll be dining at the Royal Oak Brewery nearby. I'll post about that place too.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mark ridleys comedy castle

Mark Ridley's is a lot of fun but of course a lot depends on their lineup for the night. It is definitely one of the better places in metro Detroit. The comedy club is 18+ however none of the other bars in the area will allow 18 year olds. You can probably get into Mr. B's (only if you are eating in the restaurant) until about 8pm but afterwards it is 21+ only. Unless you are just going to Royal Oak for dinner & the show you'd be better off probably going to Windsor or Pontiac.

Another option may be Dave & Buster's in Utica which has a bar, restaurant, and video games/pool/shuffleboard however after 8pm anyone under 21 has to be with someone 25+ to get in.

You might want to check the Mount Clemens area. Some Friday nights (I don't think all) at the Emerald Theatre are 18+ ladies but Saturdays are 21+. The new bar "The Bank" is 21+. Desperados is a country bar that may be 18+. There is a new dueling piano bar called "The Keys" which is probably 18+.

As with anything you should call these establishments prior to leaving for your big night out to confirm

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mark ridleys comedy castle

Check out their website www.comedycastle.com – there are some nights they allow 18 year olds to attend. Their phone # is 248-542-9900. It is a fun place.

Royal Oak is a great place for a bachelorette party but sorry you will be hard pressed to find bars there that allow 18 year olds. Royal Oak Music theatre may be a place to look into. They have bands and some of their shows are 18 and up and they have a large dance floor. Magic Bag in Ferndale (down the road from Royal Oak) also sometimes allows 18 year olds but I would suggest making phone calls first. As the previous poster said Mr B’s will probably allow it but I’m guessing after 10:00 anyone under 21 will not be allowed. Same goes with Memphis Smoke. There are a ton of restaurants in Royal Oak. Go to www.detroit.metromix.com and type in Royal Oak to do some searches there.

On a previous tread we did recommend Windsor but I just realized that will not work either. You have to be 19 to get in there.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,879 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mark ridleys comedy castle

I went there Saturday night with the group I referenced in my previous post. The place was almost full. It seats around 500. Our group was having as good a time as everyone else, and that was a lot! There was a bachelorette party on the other side of the room and they were recognized right from the start. And they had plenty of fun.

I think I could safely recommend this place. It was clean, well managed, and the comedy was first class!

Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: mark ridleys comedy castle

Thank you redrox

I bought tikets and the bachlorette and girls are going.

It sounds like fun and they can stroll thru Downtown Royal Oak afterwards and show off the Bachlorette!!!

:)

6. Re: mark ridleys comedy castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 04, 2009