We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New restaurant coming to the Emmet County Airport

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
New restaurant coming to the Emmet County Airport

Boyne City residents Jay Higdon and Lora Muethel, who own and operate Sammich ‘n Sudz delicatessens in Boyne City, Charlevoix and Petoskey, have signed a 5 year lease on the restaurant space in the Emmet County Airport.

The former tenents (who have the Village Inns in St. ignace and Mackinac Island) closed a few months ago.

The new year around restaurant, will be called Smokey’s Grille.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New restaurant coming to the Emmet County Airport

Thansk for the info, Light. I have never been to that airport, maybe it will be worth a stop one day. :) How is your mother?

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New restaurant coming to the Emmet County Airport

I managed to get her into long term care when I took an emergency visit in July. Her mind has been sharper since that.

The Pellston Airport is a wonderful little airport with poor airline service. It is like a north woods lodge with fireplaces, rocking chairs and stuffed animals. Also free internet. I wish Midwest Airlines flew in there.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New restaurant coming to the Emmet County Airport

I am glad your mother is doing better. I am hoping your father is getting lots of rest and is a bit relieved, too. How is he handling your mom's absence from the family home? Take care. Yeah, I have see your pics of the Pellston Airport-very nice. Too bad their service is poor and expensive, to boot!

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New restaurant coming to the Emmet County Airport

Dad (age 95) is failing as well. All he thinks about is managing to bring Mom home again.

Thanks!

5. Re: New restaurant coming to the Emmet County Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Pellston