We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redamacks WAY overrated...

Chicago
Level Contributor
679 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Redamacks WAY overrated...

Headed down to New Buffalo last week, my second time there, I love it, lots of great restaurants, I especially loved the Roadhouse.

People keep talkign about how great Redamacks is, its all over signs, I think I saw it on a travel channel show at one point, people rave about it.

I don't get what all the fuss is about. They make a decent burger and its something different than the regular burger places and fast food chains, have a decent menu selection aside from burgers. Not knocking Redamacks but it definately does not live up to all the hype, just a burger place far from the best burger I ever had.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Redamacks WAY overrated...

I think you're right about Redamak's. I'm not sure a family member is involved anymore. 30 years ago it was a legend already, not unlike Hyerdall's Cafe in Bridgman, which has long gone by the wayside and is now Roma Pizza. One legend that still stands (has had it's ups and downs) is Tosi's in Stevensville. This restaurant maybe better today than it's heyday when it hit the Time magazine best list back in the 60's.

Naperville, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Redamacks WAY overrated...

We stopped at Redamacks on our way to Michigan with 5 other couples. We were having a weekend celebration for my husband's 50th birthday. We were just kicking off the weekend and had one round of beers, but were not going to go overboard anyway since we had more driving to do. The waitress, however, would not serve our group more than one beer each as she said we were a "threat to her safety." We were no louder than any other larger group there and were completely treated like children. It was the strangest and rudest experience we have ever had at a restaurant. We asked for the manager and he treated us just as bad as the server. We will never stop there again! It is completely overrated.

Edited: 8:59 am, September 12, 2010
Cedarville, Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Redamacks WAY overrated...

It's not just overrated. I think the burgers are terrible considering their popularity. I had heard raves about it for years so in May of 2001 I had 1 burger there and I have never gone back.

4. Re: Redamacks WAY overrated...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, March 17, 2011
Get answers to your questions about New Buffalo