We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Been to Goult?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Been to Goult?

Am con sidering an exended stay in Provence and Goult is a possibility. Is it a nice village? What's the "charm quotient?" Thx for any input.

15 replies to this topic
Brea, Ca.
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Been to Goult?

We've visited and explored Goult on a couple of occasions--we'll likely return during our stay in the area this July. I haven't found the best restaurant in the vicinity but am certain we would if we stayed in Goult. There is a central bar with patio on the main square which is pleasant enough--and busy. Its definitely a "nice village". We tried to stay there on our upcoming trip but it didn't work out. I like its location in the Luberon--central to all the "charming villages"--and I'm certain some would be charmed in Goult as well.

CA
Level Contributor
6,841 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Been to Goult?

I think it's one of the more charming towns in the area.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Been to Goult?

We visited Goult several times last July while staying in Lacoste ... a charming Provence town that is not full of tourists ... one of our favorites.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Been to Goult?

We stopped in Goult for a few hours in the midst of visiting all the hilltop villages. We loved it because it seemed 100% non-touristy. Really quaint and quiet. Bought some food in the market and sat under a shady bench to have lunch. Totally peaceful. A gent in his 80's was sitting in the Sun nearby, when one of his equally elderly friends walked up to him and asked him what he was doing. He replied "I'm getting a suntan, what do you think?!" I think if I were to ever rent in the Luberon, a cute little place like Goult would suit me just fine. It also has a pretty nice central location for visiting other towns. Two other towns that struck my fancy like that were Curcuron and Ansouis.

West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
775 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Been to Goult?

Just literally got off the plane from a week in Ansouis - a very charming village that seems to meet your criteria. I will be posting more info soon. My only experience with Goult is that is where the tow truck driver took our rental car after a truck drove us off into a ditch between Roussillon on the way to Gordes. Wish I had a chance to visit Goult under more normal circumstances, but the tow truck driver was wonderful. Fortunately, no one was hurt other than getting a few bruises. We were all impressed with how kind and helpful the police and some other drivers were - of course except for the truck that ran us off the road. More on that later too, but first, I must sleep :))

Dungannon, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Been to Goult?

Was in Goult in April this year for 8 days. Wsa with girlfriend and I can honestly say it was the most charming and romantic places I have ever stayed in on the planet. It is a real non touristy village with a couple of wonderful restaurants. There is a bar/cafe too. There are wonderful markets in the surrounding villages and towns. Make sure you have a car and go get lost in the countryside. The road from Gourdes to Baumes de Venise is spectacular. Actually I wish to withdraw this statement as I want it a secret. Dont expect dancing raves tv or to have English understood. Thats what makes it all the more special.

Denver, Colorado
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Been to Goult?

"The road from gourds to Baumes is spectacular". Does this mean scary? I am from Colorado and hate driving in the mttns. Don't mind hills, just can't take those wide open vistas? Is there a lot of this type of driving in Provene.

Can anyone help?

Just call me scarried cat!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,758 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Been to Goult?

Mary....your post makes zero sense.

The Luberon is a valley.

No mountains.

Read a guidebook.

9. Re: Been to Goult?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:27 pm, January 31, 2016
Edited: 1:27 pm, January 31, 2016

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
56 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Been to Goult?

I stayed at the old convent down the hill from Goult two years ago. It was nice. The village is quaint and non-touristy. It is off the main highway. I ate in the restaurant in the center of town and the flood was good but the place was crowded. I also shopped in the market for picnic type lunch supplies. My favorite thing about is its central location. While not being tourist oriented, it is almost equidistant to Lacoste, Bonnieux, Gordes, Rousillon, Apt, etc. Nice town to spend a few days.

Reply to: Been to Goult?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Goult
Recent Conversations
More Goult Topics