We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hossegor, Biarritz, San Sebastian and everything in between.

Which Hossegor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hossegor, Biarritz, San Sebastian and everything in between.

Hi All,

As with most people on these pages I could really use a helping hand!!

I’m traveling to the South Atlantic coast of France in the second and third weeks of August this year to basically spend a whole bunch of time surfing and soaking up the local atmosphere. The three major destinations that I have my eyes set on (in no particular order) are Hossegor, Biarritz and San Sebastian. A minor aspect of this trip is that I will also be celebrating my birthday and am looking for recommendations on night life. I fly in on a Saturday to Biarritz airport and I'm not sure whether to spend the first weekend in Hossegor or Biarritz. As mentioned I’ll be in both places it's just a matter of where to spend the first Saturday and Sunday night.

Also could someone please recommend some good hostels which are close to the beach and have surf board and wetsuit rental for my sister and friend who will also take part in this 10 day extravaganza.

Thanks heaps guys.

cheers

Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hossegor, Biarritz, San Sebastian and everything in between.

Hey.

I'm in a similar situation as I'm heading to Hossegor in September to check out the Quiksilver Pro and my head is wrecked trying to find a way from Biarritz to Hossegor. Do you know is there a bus that goes between the two? I read on an earlier post about the train to Dax but it seems a bit out of the way to go their and then back track to Hossegor.

Cheers. t.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,956 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hossegor, Biarritz, San Sebastian and everything in between.

The nearest railway station to Hossegor with even a half-decent service is at St Vincent de Tyrosse but that is some 10km away, maybe not much good unless you like a walk. There is a little station called Benesse - Marenne a little bit closer (7km) but it has very few trains.

Timetable at ter-sncf.com/Images/…A9_tcm17-47209.pdf

The buses into Hossegor go from Bayonne, not Biarritz. The summer timetable is here

www.landes.org/doc/transport_horaire_p10.pdf

but I dare say that after 1st September and the holiday season there will be not so many buses every day. The bus route also goes through St Vincent de Tyrosse and past the small station at Labenne.

There are local buses Biarritz - Bayonne but I don't have details to hand.

Hope that helps.

Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Hossegor, Biarritz, San Sebastian and everything in between.

Hey

Cheers for that. Great help. I think hiring a car is the best route!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Hossegor, Biarritz, San Sebastian and everything in between.

go to www.opodo.com they have great deals for rental cars

15. Re: Hossegor, Biarritz, San Sebastian and everything in between.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 05, 2009