We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation on Vis

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation on Vis

Hello

We are spending 3 nights on Vis at the end of May :-)

does anyone have any recommendations for accommodations?

Should we reserve something or should we just arrive?

Is there a tourist office for private accommodation as we would prefer a room/ apartment privately rather than a hotel etc.

Any areas that are better than others, we don't have our own transport

Any suggestions would be welcomed

x

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,980 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation on Vis

i can now say, that friends just came back from vis, and loved lemonvis.com. we had stayed at a hotel that is toooo pricey now, and so friends checked it out. they loved it. huge palace and the people just rent out one room. they came and picked them up, and were very helpful. i trust this friend, as she follows the trips that we take!!!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,493 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation on Vis

We stayed at the Hotel Issa, which is rather plain but I enjoyed our two nights there. We had rooms with a terrace facing the sea and it sure was nice to wake up to that view in the morning!

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation on Vis

At the end of May you don't have to book ahead but if you have a look at the accommodation and know where you want to be - Vis Town or Komiza for example then it might be worth booking. There is an agency very near the ferry where it docks at Vis Town.

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation on Vis

Yes, no need to book in advance, but maybe just google for accommodations to see what and where is offered, and just show up.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,980 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation on Vis

oh, i would sooooo get your acc. before you get there. i hate to waste the time.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation on Vis

I agree with Charley48 but I know that others do like the hunt!

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,980 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation on Vis

it takes tooooo much precious time, and dragging the bags around. i like to KNOW where i am...

8. Re: Accommodation on Vis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, May 22, 2013