We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended hikes on vis?

6 posts
Save Topic
Recommended hikes on vis?

We leave for vis this weekend can anyone recommend some good hikes that we need to do? Walking paths etc or place to go get map to show walks to do on the island?

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended hikes on vis?

When I first went in 2006 I stayed in Komiza and we did a walk to Mount Hum, then followed a path to Tito's cave (Tito spilja) and then followed red/white markings back to Komiza. However, this was a bit hit and miss and we have never found a walking book that includes Vis. BUT, when you get there you should find a small map of Vis on sale and some of the tracks are included on it. I think that is what we used although I know at the start we did use roads as well. When I returned to Vis in 2009 we stayed in Vis Town and hired bicycles and had a great day out following cycle/walking routes which were very clearly labelled. There was also a huge map of Vis that is found at various scenic points and has paths marked on it.

2. Re: Recommended hikes on vis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, May 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Island of Vis
More Island of Vis Topics