We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches near Leon?

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beaches near Leon?

Just wondering which is the better beach... Maderas or Popoyo? Pros/cons? Which has better bars and is more developed? Any other beaches near Leon that's better? Any info. on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches near Leon?

What is for you a better beach..with a lot of developments or a few...??? With big waves or more calm...??

Salta

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches near Leon?

Good question... I like waves if I can play in them but obviously don't want to get sucked out to sea. I'm not a surfer. I'm not opposed to developments but just am looking for a place with a couple bars and a few places to eat more or less. Thanks.

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches near Leon?

Neither popoyo or maderas are near Leon at all. They are closer to San Juan Del Sur. Both are pretty far from Leon.

The closest to Leon is Las Penitas or Poneloya.

neither are as good for surf as the ones farther south, but are still good.

Others in the day trip region would be Corinto, and maybe the El Transito/El Astillero area.

Mentioned in this post
Las Penitas
Las Penitas
Leon Department, Nicaragua
Poneloya
Poneloya
El Transito
El Transito
4. Re: Beaches near Leon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 11, 2014