We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to camp?

Which Munising hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to camp?

I am planning to visit Picture rock this summer . I have been there in the past but I do not remember a lot. I am planning to have my home base at sleeping bear dune national park. And tent at platte river campground because I have slept there and know the area. But if it is to far I am considering tenting near Picture Rocks. If you have any suggestion as where to tent that would be great. I am looking for a place that is quiet and clean. And the areas that are given have a decent amount of space for maybe two tents. Besides Picture rocks what other things to do there?

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,594 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to camp?

SBD is waaaayyyyyyyyyy too far from PR... look at the national park website and check out the campgrounds in PR.... there's a nice-looking campground at hurricane....

what else to do? you could easily spend 3-4 days in PR alone, so there's no need to do much else.... but there are other things to see in the area such as grand island, big spring, tahq falls, maritime museum at whitefish point......

2. Re: Where to camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, July 02, 2014