We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos?

Kansas
Level Contributor
150 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos?

So just wondering are lots of mosquitos in the area? Love to go hiking there.

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
National Parks, Parks, Bodies of Water, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Miners Castle Rock
Geologic Formations
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mosquitos?

LOL I remember the roll on bug repellent, always kept one in the camper. I don't think they make them anymore. Strangetripper, roll on means it has a ball at the top and you roll it on (I think that's what irish was talking about???? ). A stick is usually solid like a deodorant stick.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mosquitos?

that's what i'm talkin' about. in any case, i prefer spray... my wife likes the roll-on stick.....

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mosquitos?

Strangetripper (can I call you ST ;-) it can't be a roll on and a stick. Is this the stuff you are talking about? If it is that is not a roll on. BTW The music is great LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yxPjcMQ4zM

14. Re: Mosquitos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:04 am, June 25, 2013
Darke Co. Ohio
Level Contributor
82 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mosquitos?

We were at Pictured Rocks the week of July 8th and the flies and mosquitos were thick, you will have to have repellant or you will be eaten alive, with repellant you will be fine.

Just make sure you take it with you because they will find spots you missed spraying.

16. Re: Mosquitos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 14, 2014