We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A&W Restaurant

Marshall, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
A&W Restaurant

Hey folks:

Anyone know if the A&W is open this year? I was bummed it didn't open last year. Nothing's better after a few days eating out of a backpack than onion rings and a rootbeer float.

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks, Bodies of Water
Miners Castle Rock
Geologic Formations
Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A&W Restaurant

Hello amyjen2697,

I haven't been through Munising this summer but I did check the A&W web site and it shows nothing in Munising. I found an older phone number to the A&W and called that and it said the number was no longer in service.

There is a Dairy Queen in Munising.

Mentioned in this post
Dairy Queen
Dairy Queen
60 Reviews
Munising, MI
Michigan USA
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A&W Restaurant

Sorry amyjen,

The A&W has been replaced with a Pizza Hut/WIng Street. They were just putting up the new sign when we came through Munising the end of June.

Perhaps you can deal with replacing the onion rings and float with a slice of pizza and a cold beer. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut
54 Reviews
Munising, MI
Marshall, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A&W Restaurant

Thanks for the update!

I'll miss that whitefish sandwich.

4. Re: A&W Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 18, 2011