We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vigan City and beaches

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vigan City and beaches

Hi guys & girls,

Could I possibly request your advice please?

My girlfriend and I are planning a 7 night trip to the Philippines in August, we are interested in a one or two centre stay (beach + interesting city), I love small cities, my girlfriend loves the beach.

Someone recommended we spend a few days in Vigan City, Ilocos Region which I am happy with, are there nice beaches in or close to Vigan? Would the one location keep both of us happy or is there another area in the same Ilocos Region for nice beaches, scenery and nightlife?

Also, are there any decent websites for renting holiday houses in the Philippines?

Where possible I much prefer to rent a property rathewr than stay in a hotel but I have been struggling to find anything half decent?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Andy.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,722 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vigan City and beaches

Vigan is not the place for nightlife and beaches. Vigan is absolutely beautiful as a UNESCO heritage city but its not what you are looking for based on the above brief.

Nearby Pagudpud has nice beaches but is a very sleepy uncommercised place.

Boracay or Alona Beach Bohol will suit you better.

Tommo

2. Re: Vigan City and beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, July 06, 2015