We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
355 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

Hi fellow travellers,

Which bus service would you recommend for a trip from Manila to Vigan. Are there buses that travel this route with comfort rooms, or express/deluxe?

Cheers,

Ver

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

@ Catherine....

Though we all enjoy travelling in the Philippines, many of us here do not know much Tagalog. can you please ask in English?

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

There is also an option of Ordinary Bus as opposed to AIrcon.

I hate cold and often the temperature is too low for me.

The fare is also lower, if traveling on a budget is a consideration.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

@ Catherine,

If I remember right, it costed us about 500 pesos on Partas, approximately 9 hours. Left Manila at 6:30 am (bus going to Abra, disembarked somewhere near Baluarte, then took a local bus), reached Vigan at 3:30 pm

But I suggest you take the ovenight bus which leaves at 10:30 / 11 pm at night., and reach Vigan in the morning.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

@All

Translation of Catherine's question = What is the cost of the bus going from Manila to Vigan? And how many hours does it take?

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

@ FSR P01

Yes,you are right. A good option for people traveling around the Phils who have more time on hand (you get to see more of the country in an ordinary non air con bus)

However it takes really long in ordinary bus (especially routes like Manila to Vigan). Not practical for weekend travellers / tourists here for a short time. Also leg space is less so bigger people will find it difficult to stay frozen for 10+ hours (no reclining!).

For teh purpose of this post, "bigger people" = people who are more than 5 feet 4 inches. :)

16. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 22, 2013