We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tilicho lake

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tilicho lake

Hi,

I am going to do ABC trek in Nov 2013...i will have a few days spare after this but not enough to trek all the way to the lake and would really like to visit Tilicho.

1)Is there a jeep that can take you close to the lake hike, maybe all the way to manang???..I dont want to fly there

2)Which is the most scenic part of the ABC trek in terms of mountain views?

Thanks

Thanks

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tilicho lake

Hi Dan.

1) Public jeeps now reach Chame. Bus to Pokgara, bus to Dumre, change, bus to Bhulbhule then jeep to Chame is the cheapest way but given time is tight a more expensive taxi might be a better option. Lots of useful info including the side trip to Tilicho here;

nepal-dia.de/Trekking_the_Annapurna_Circuit_…

2) The sanctuary, the cirque of mountains, at ABC is by far the most scenic part of the trek closely followed by Macchapuchare which you will see at various points on the way up. The trek begins by crossing farmed middle hill country before risng to Ghandruk. After Chomromg the trail enters a dwwp valley ceossing side spurs before the views open up approaching ABC.

This map might help with planning:

…umbra.cz/img/map/Annapurna_1_125000_150_dpi…

scoodly

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tilicho lake

Thanks a lot...I was toyin with the idea to do everest base camp as ive heard the views are better but I dont think I cud hadle the flight to Lukla lol!!...and dont have time to trek from Jiri.

How far is it to manang from Chame???

Also I was thinking of doing the ABC trek via poon hill...is it worth the stopover..I have the time

Thanks

kathmandu
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tilicho lake

Hello dan w

Yeah poon hill is worth to visit. The beautiful mountain scenario is worth to see from poon hill. So will suggest you to do ABC trek via poon hill. It takes approx three days to reach manang from chame.

Have a safe trip.

Edited: 3:02 am, March 13, 2013
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tilicho lake

Cheers for the responses sont think Ill have time to do the lake but definately will do poon hill!

Kathmandu,Nepal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tilicho lake

Hi dan,

Normally itinerary Chame to Pisang one day and next day to Manang {go via Ghyaru Ngawal, wow...} or there was running some motor bikes between Chame and Manang { last year Oct}. I do hpe it's help you some...

Guide

Burgess Hill...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Tilicho lake

ABC trek overall is not that scenic. Only the day at base camp. Because you're at the bottom of a valley for most the trek. Would recommend Langtang valley over ABC hands down.

Kathmandu, Nepal
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tilicho lake

Their are direct jeep to Chame from Kathmandu after Chame their is Motorcycle to go to Manang after You can go to Tealicho Lake. When you cross Throung la 5416 me Muktinath you also find jeep to go to Tatopani after continue walking 4 Days you can go to A B C.from abc two days you are in Pokhara. If you have 10 day Nepal. I can manage you.

Himlal

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tilicho lake

Hello Dan W,

first I would love to tell you not to worry about the flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Yes I know its one of the riskiest flight, but it will also be a flight of your life time. I'm also going to Everest Base Camp trek in the early september.

Well, I can see you've already got a plenty of information from other travelers. If you are okay with motor bike, you can easily reach upto Manang. But I will suggest you to take the public bus till Chame, then use those motor bikes to go to Manang. If you have guide with you, ask them if they can take you to Jomsom via Thini Gao. It will save a lot of time. Once you reach to Jomsom, you will get plenty of buses to go to Tatopani. Do the Poonhill trek, and then follow the Ghandruk Deurali way to go to Annapurna Base Camp, if you need any detail information, you can ask me again.

In terms of mountain view, the most scenic part on the Annapurna Base Camp trek should be MBC to ABC !! you will see the most unearthly combination of blue and white [sky and mountain]. You can take a thousands of landscapes there. I'm sharing my album here, you can have a look if you want.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Regards.

Manang
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tilicho lake

Now there are motor bike between Chame and Manang. it costs around 3000 to 4000 rupees, i work at Chame:)

Surrey.
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tilicho lake

I saw a few motorbikes going up to Manang in Dec 2012, when we were doing AC. How safe it is on the back of one with a backpack etc I don't know (I have been riding motorbikes in the UK since 1979). You would also need to consider acclimatisation.