We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review: Jomsom Trek in the Annapurna

London
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
5 helpful votes
Review: Jomsom Trek in the Annapurna

Hi everyone - At the end of last year, my girlfriend and I travelled to the Annapurna to do the 8 day Jomsom Trek. It was our first trek there and we used Trip Advisor lots for advice - so we thought we would let you know how it went. We had an absolutely fantastic time. Although the road is a slight issue, the guides out there are increasingly finding routes away from it (eg on the other side of the river; up in the hills etc). The mountain villages are beautiful, and the mountain views spectacular. It is an unbelievably relaxing adventure. Take a good warm sleeping bag, and you'll sleep amazingly each night. Please PM me if you would like more info. I wrote up a travel blog article on our trip for those of you interested in hearing more about our trip http://bit.ly/wHaYqI

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
363 reviews
293 helpful votes
1. Re: Review: Jomsom Trek in the Annapurna

what was your day by day itinerary?

we will have few days in Jomsom and are looking for some ideas what to do ther

thank you

2. Re: Review: Jomsom Trek in the Annapurna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, February 20, 2012
London
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Review: Jomsom Trek in the Annapurna

Hi there - As there is a road travelling up from Jomsom to Muktinath, it makes it easy to pick and choose where to go. There are some beautiful villages such as Marpha and Kagbeni. Walking through the cobbled streets of these pretty villages, with their pristine gompas etc was a real highlight. The temple at Muktinath is also worth visiting. But as you'll quickly find out, just being in the mountains is enough. Breathing in the air, taking in the breathtaking views wherever you are is a delight.... but if I had to direct you to a couple of places, I would suggest the small villages of Marpha, Jhakot and Kagbeni.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
363 reviews
293 helpful votes
4. Re: Review: Jomsom Trek in the Annapurna

thank you.

What did you end up doing in this area?

5. Re: Review: Jomsom Trek in the Annapurna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, June 04, 2013