We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Myself with my wife and 7.5 year old daughter undertook a trekking in the Annapurna region during the first two weeks in October, 2011 with Raj Nepal as guide. We had been planning this trip for a long time and chose Raj as our trekking guide based on the recommendations that we found in the net. I am very happy to say Raj was an extremely helpful, competent and honest guide who exceeded all our expectations. We had been planning this trip from March 2011 and Raj helped us shape the plan all along. He answered each and every of my questions with patience and courtesy. We were especially concerned since this was going to be the first long trek for my daughter but Raj put us at ease with his his very helpful suggestions at the planning stage.

During the trek, Raj and his cousin porter Rajen were extremely kind and helpful to all of us in every aspect. Raj took us to very nice and comfortable lodges, arranged for any food that was on the menu and Rajen often helped in the cooking so that we get good food. They even provided snacks and various fruits to us free of cost after each dinner. Most importantly, Raj was always willing to help and address our needs without any hesitation and always with a smile and a positive attitude. He is also very knowledgeable about the area and provided us with valuable information all throughout the trek. We feel very lucky that we had Raj (and Rajen) as our guide (and porter) and would love to have them again as our guide (and porter) in the future.

I would strongly recommend Raj as a trekking guide in Nepal without any hesitation.

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Thanks Dear Author Im Sure Your Small Effort Help Find Him Again By Fellow Traveler & Will Definitely Help Alot . Also Good to Know You Had A Great Experience With Them Regards Raja.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Could be a genuine post Raja – But also could be one of the many fake reviews that TA is being bombarded with recently.

I find it a little strange why someone should join TA and on their very 1st posting sing the praises of one particular outfit – Especially when the trek that they claim to have undertaken was Three Months Ago !!??

Lets see how many others find it suspicious and therefore how long it stays up.

Best Regards

Rob

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Keep on fighting Rob and Keep suspecting others.

But, Just a small fact Rob: the OP has contributed 2 post in Jan 9, 2011.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Yes FlushBerg – I did read the two reviews from last year – But that still doesn’t alter the fact that This was his first forum posting – Like I said, It Could be Genuine – There again, also it might not be !!??

Best Regards

Rob

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Great that you had a good trek and a good guide + porter!

But now I have been reading your post several times and I still cant find the question!

Is it just me or isn't the forum supposed to be for asking questions? I believe that a new thread is started by pressing the button 'Ask a question'!

I mean like...some traveller ask a question out in the forum and other travellers answer!?

Reviews has their own section and should be written there, I think!

Lisbeth

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Hi,

I agree that I do not have a question.

However, the review section is apparently for review of hotels etc., which does not cover experience with guides.

The sole purpose of my posting is to inform readers about my experience so that someone may benefit from it, in the same way I benefited from postings of others when I was planning my trip to Nepal.

Thanks and regards,

Kumar Gupta

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Then you could instead write a Travellers Article and tell about your great trek and experiences!

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,296 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Hi

Wow! Raj "arranged for any food that was on the menu" - now that is service above and beyond the call of duty.

I do think it could be difficult for people to hire Raj because he receives so many recommendations from trekkers; in fact more unsolicited recommendations on LP than any other guide (possibly more than the next 10 combined).

scoodly

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Hopefully the Tax Authority of Nepal are not reading all theese reviews of Rajs business... ;-)

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,296 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trek with Vishma Raj Nepal

Well Lisbeth, from the recommendations on LP, Raj has the ability to be on two different treks at the same time, I think he has the skills to defeat the redoubtable and dogged taxman!

scoodly