We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
292 reviews
239 helpful votes
Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

Any advice on which is better? I have heard annapurna is now over developed and manaslu is a good alternative. Any thoughts?

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

Yeah, as you have heard Annapurna route is almost finished by road construction. Manasalu can be good alternative but still there are not good lodges and good food option. The lodges are not in good quality so that I would recommend you to trek camping! But Annapurna Base Camp, Ghorepani Route, Annapurna Circuit Route from Beshisahar to Jomsom only also available in good option. The road construction has not affected these parts badly!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

Hi there,

Yes, you are right.These days the road is under contrustion in The Annapurna circuit trails, so The trails it is more noisy and off course dirty but still worthy to visit and for example you can trek from syange to muktinath and from muktinath drive to Tatopani and trek onwards.if you want real calm naturefull trek then Manaslu could be an good option for you but you should do camping trip in Manaslu trek.How ever the views are so good in manaslu treks to or Annapurna base camp is other option In Annapurna region.

3 weeks time is recemended for manaslu trek and your starting point go on be arughat ,higeht poin will be Larkya pass 5500m And ending point will be beshisahar.

Wish you have good trek in Nepal

Kathmandu , Thamel
1 post
3. Re: Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

East or west manasulu is the best .

Annapurna is a bit Touristic.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
194 posts
4. Re: Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

Hi

Annapurna is still the best in terms of view and diversity of culture and land scape and is easier to trek.There are better hotels and services and you can do small side trips in Annapurna which are very much less developed.

If you are looking for less developed area no doubt that Manaslu is very beautiful alternative. Less trekker's, less influence of trekkers and at list two persons in a group and Camping trek for most of the nights will be in tented camp.

Have a great time.

5. Re: Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, February 10, 2011
Kathmandu, Nepal
1 post
6. Re: Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

Hi there, i would like to reccommend to do Manasulu Trekking.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
7. Re: Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

It is up to you. Since summer 2011, it is possible to do the trek without a tent. See the map here: http://manaslucircuittrek.com

Though other posters are correct in that you'll miss the "luxuries" of the Annapurna Circuit, if you are coming to Nepal to see real Nepal, then the Manaslu Circuit will be your choice. If you do the Annapurna circuit, you are following in the footsteps of more than a million others. Views remain amazing without doubt, but you're just another tourist trekking around.

Whatever you do, do a little research about side-trips and try to get a little off the beaten track for maximum enjoyment!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
8. Re: Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

I did Annapurna circuit last year and just completed the Manaslu Circuit, both are spectacular treks. With Manaslu I did in September and it was still monsoon season, the mountains were not as visable as they would be now. The trails of Manaslu are much rougher in some areas than Annapurna. The places to stay and things to eat are far more basic than Annapurna, however I did see a number of new places being built. I did both treks as teahouse treks. Only saw 6 other trekers on my Manaslu trek up until we joined up with Annapurna trail. I would say that Manaslu today is much like Annapurna would have been 30 years ago. If you do Manaslu you might want to also go into the Tsum Valley region, I did not do it but others say it is a very interesting region. I did survive the earthquake in the small Tibitan village of Bimtang.

9. Re: Annapurna or Manaslu Circuit??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 15, 2012