We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Folie Lodge

uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
La Folie Lodge

Is this Lodge ok and have the rooms a bathroom with a bathtub?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Folie Lodge

mj123Uk

No bath tub. The rooms are OK, not special. The view accross the Mekong is spectacular, and the hotel grounds are lovely.

The food is very expensive compared with anything else in the islands, although nowhere near as expensive as in Australia. Just letting you know that you need to have enough cash with you to do the islands, because there was no access to using credit card to pay when we were there, and no atm access on the islands that we could be sure of. US$ were lifesavers.

The staff at La Folie were lovely and made our stay there so special. They specially made creme caramel for us for breakfast. Where else would you get that?

They arranged transport for us to see the island, because I had a broken arm and couldn't ride a bicycle, and then it was raining and no-one could ride.

It was a great experience.

DG

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Folie Lodge

Hi Darwingranny,

so pleased to see you back on the forum. I hope things are working out for you in your new home.

we have been in Laos for 10 days now and are loving it. We have been to Vientiane, Vang Vieng , Phonsavan andare now in LP. I must say I think Hoi An has the edge on LP for charm, but I am sure many would differ.

we fly to Pakse in 2 days where we stay for 5 days in the South before beach time in Thailand.

I'll write a report on return,. Much of your advice is coming in handy, many thanks .

uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Folie Lodge

Many thanks for this and your information i much appreciated.

uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Folie Lodge

Hi gem66

Hope you have a great time in Laos - we are going in Feb/March and would appreciate a copy of your report to Darwingranny if that would be possible.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Folie Lodge

Hi MJ,

I will post on this public forum before Xmas , for all to see

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Folie Lodge

Hi Gem

Good to hear that you are enjoying your holiday. I agree with you about LP, although we did love it and found it hard to leave. I think I loved the silk weavings more than anything. I am sure you will love the south, I was just looking at our photos yesterday.

Regards, DG

7. Re: La Folie Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, August 31, 2015