We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

Which Thanjavur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prague
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

Hello, could you recommend me the best way, how to get from Trichy airport to Thanjavur? (Car rent wit driver/taxi, bus, train etc. - I don´t have problem with any option, but I also do don´t want to spend 5 hours on 60 km long way. Thank you for any opinion.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

Hi Jezecek,

Many trains run from Tiruchy to Tanjore within 1 hour journey time, taxi also will not take 5 hours at most 1.5 hour choice is yours

I feel taxi is better as you could avoid moving to Tiruchy junction from Airport and waiting time to catch the train

regards,

Alen_10

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
2,994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

Hi

Agree with Alen. A cab should be fine. The journey would be not more than 90 minutes.

regards

Rajan

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

A taxi would be the best option for travel to Tanjore as the other options would take more time. If opting a bus or train, you need to travel to the Central Bus Stand or the Railway Junction, which would easily take close to an hour from the airport by bus. Then, with a bus, the frequency would not be an issue as there are buses in every five minutes, which would take a little more than an hour to reach Tanjore. Train time totally depends on the availability and this journey would take anywhere between 45 mins to 90 mins depending on the train category. A cab would do this in 90 mins as indicated by Rajan

Prague
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

Thank you wery much for your help and advice.

Could you tell me, how much is, approximately, proper price for taxi from Trichy airport to Tanjavur? (I am reconcile with paying more as being European and also not being any bargain hero, but not without limits:-)

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

Depending on the vehicle you choose, it should cost you anywhere between Rs.1250 to Rs.2000, as you would have to pay for the empty return also, meaning for around 130 kms.

Prague
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

Taxi from Trichy airport finally cost me 1350 INR for smaller A/C car with friendly and polite driver, who also picked me (because of my wish) to the street restaurant serving very good rasam (I am the lover of this delicious Tamil soup:) durring the travel.

Thank you very much for your help.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

Thanks for the update... Happy to know that you enjoyed the rasam.. Want the recipe...

Edited: 3:44 am, July 03, 2012
8. Re: Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, August 02, 2012
9. Re: Best way how to get from Trichy aiport to Thnajavur?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 04, 2014