We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elections Affect ?

Which Bodh Gaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Elections Affect ?

I am planning to visit Bodhgaya on 17th April from Patna and have booked a Taxi. But the tour operator has advised me not to visit on 17th because of elections in Patna and not in Gaya district. Please advise me what to do, should I stick to my plan to leave Patna by 8 AM or stay in Patna (Hotel) only.

Muzaffarpur, India
Level Contributor
10,407 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elections Affect ?

Hi

Being a local from patna,i too suggest you not to travel on election date.Even if it is in patna you have to travel 20 -25 km in patna district.During election date most of the roads will be blocked with check post of central paramilitary force and local police.Every whete you have to show identity and checking of vehicle so avoid it.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
567 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elections Affect ?

Hi,

It is not advisable to travel on the day of Election, if you could avoid it,it's better as you never know sometimes there are riots or different party supporters fighting.

Be safe.

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
913 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elections Affect ?

Hi Vibhor,

As advised above, please avoid plans of travelling on 17th. Incase you really make it, you can travel 16th till evening to Gaya, if tour operator is good it shouldn't be any issue.

Hope this will helps

4. Re: Elections Affect ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 09, 2015