I stayed at the Laxmi hotel in Siddhartha Nagar, the new development behind the main drag in Bodh Gaya in April 2011. I was severely electrocuted in the shower, necessitating repatriation and, ultimately, the amputation of my left hand and forearm. For the gory details, see my account on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/c4sd5d5
The management of Laxmi, eager to avoid liability, tried to blame me for what happened and then cut a deal whereby they paid the internal airfares, etc, to get me out of the country. There has been no formal investigation of this atrocious 'accident' and I doubt that the dangerous wiring has been rectified.
Therefore, be warned that you take your life in your hands if you stay at Hotel Laxmi International, Bodh-Gaya.