We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

I stayed at the Laxmi hotel in Siddhartha Nagar, the new development behind the main drag in Bodh Gaya in April 2011. I was severely electrocuted in the shower, necessitating repatriation and, ultimately, the amputation of my left hand and forearm. For the gory details, see my account on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/c4sd5d5

The management of Laxmi, eager to avoid liability, tried to blame me for what happened and then cut a deal whereby they paid the internal airfares, etc, to get me out of the country. There has been no formal investigation of this atrocious 'accident' and I doubt that the dangerous wiring has been rectified.

Therefore, be warned that you take your life in your hands if you stay at Hotel Laxmi International, Bodh-Gaya.

Mahabodhi Temple
Architectural Buildings
Bodhi Tree
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Royal Bhutan Monastery
Sacred & Religious Sites
M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

Dear Ninorc23,

Thanks for writing in this forum.

This will alert the fellow travellers, and hope you are better now. I am not able to open you facebook link..can you provide the link again.

I will try to raise this case to hingher authority in Bihar tourism so this kind of incident not repeat again and same way you get justice.

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

Hi mukeshdangi,

Thanks for your interest. I am doing OK, but have lost a limb and my foot had to be substantially reconstructed.

The link, above, works for me; maybe you have to be logged in to Facebook to see it?

The uncompressed URL is https://www.facebook.com/russell.cronin?sk=notes#!/note.php?note_id=230169870326472

It's a public page, in my Notes, and my FB ID is russell.cronin

Alternatively, if you cam provide an e-mail address, I can send a copy.

It would be great if someone on the ground in Bodh Gaya - I note you're in Bangalore - can persuade Hotel Laxmi to confirm what actually happened and/or shame the police into conducting an investigation.

Regards, Russell

M s
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

Dear Nino..

I am sorry to hear such bad incident happened with you. I am really sad to know the after incident hadd happened.

I will try to raise this and if the case can be reinvestigated.

Take care.

4. Re: Warning: Hotel Laxmi International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, June 22, 2013