We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

I want to visit bada dham (baidyanath temple) in Deogarh (jharkhand) and cover bodhgaya and nalanda in this trip. I will be travelling from Delhi and want to do this very soon. Any suggestions on travel and accommodation from members/experts?

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
976 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

Hi Sattal,

As per me either you can directly travel DELHI- DEOGHAR( Jassidih Rly Station JSME) and again from JSME to GAYA jn. Bodhgaya is closed to GAYA jn. Stay bodhgaya and visit all the Bodhgaya and temples in one day and evening you can depart for Rajgir( Well known place near to Nalanda) See Rajgir fall, temples,hills. Visit the Nalanda ( Old Nalanda university ruins) if you have time visit near by one famous jain temple in Pawapuri or you have choice either from Patna you catch train/flight back to Delhi or move to gaya to catch returning train for Delhi.

If you are with family or more member better reach Gaya by train from Delhi and book a car for Deogarh and back, see Bodhagaya, Rajgir, nalanda and by train/flight back to Delhi...write us back if need more help

new delhi
Level Contributor
5 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

Dear Mukesh Dangi,

Really appreciate your reply. Want to fly to nearest airport and cover places mentioned by you. Suppose I fly in and out of Patna, stay 2 nights in bodhgaya and cover Deogarh in one day trip and one day for bodhgaya and surrounding, will it work? Or should I do Patna-Bodhgaya ( 2 nights)-Deogarh (1night) - Patna.

Can you help me with recommends on hotels , specially in Deogarh and how best to book a cab.

best regards,

sattalbird

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
976 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

Hi Sattal,

Saty 02 nights at Bodhgaya- Do you want after reaching Bodhgaya from Patna (01 Night to relax) and 2nd day all the temples including Mahabodhi temple and Bodhi tree and again stay in Bodhgaya??

And 3rd day travel to Deoghar by road from Bodhgaya??

If you like road travel as there is not direct train from Patna to Gaya and roads are really good these days.. you can prefer booking a cab from Patna and travelling to Bodhgya then on the way one day/night at Rajgir, Nalanda and Deoghar and return back to patna by National highway.??

It will be tiring journey by road.. or you can take train from GAYA to DEOGHAR.

There are car vendor who can provide your the scorpio/Bolero/xylo cars with 500-600 per day basis.. but you need to provide them the fuel cost.

I didn't stay in hotels there so not very much familiar with services but I heard good reviews about Yashoda International.

have good trip..

Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

Dear Mukesh Dangi,

Many thanks once again.

It is great to have a forum where travellers can help each other, specially for offbeat destinations.

And thanks for experts and fellow travellers for taking time out to write on trip advisors.

best regards

Sattalbird

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
976 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

Dear Sattal,

Many thanks !!

Wish just try our best to easy the travellers concerned related to specific destinations and related quries.

Have good travel!!!!! revert us about your trip

New Delhi, Delhi...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

hi , this information was useful to me.

thanks

New Delhi, Delhi...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

hi

This Post was very helpful.

Thanks.

Edited: 5:32 am, June 25, 2012
Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
976 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

Thanks Adventure

Nawada, India
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

I think well reply from mukeshdangi!!

10. Re: Bodhgaya - Nalanda- Deogarh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, July 15, 2013