We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Etosha National Park

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Camping in Etosha National Park

I remember reading somewhere .......... they have luxury tents with beds in the park you can hire for a fee. Does anyone have any information regarding this? How much are they? Do I need to book in advance? ect I'm travelling in November this year.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,767 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in Etosha National Park

I think you need to stay in a lodge or camp in the park, or close by.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,220 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in Etosha National Park

Some of the private Lodges have Tents that match that description. NWR don't.

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping in Etosha National Park

Dolomite Camp has that tented luxury feel, very nice indeed, but you can't hire bedded tents,which I think you are referring to, inside Etosha.

Do you have a larger description so I can try and figure out where it is?

This year in November camps inside Etosha are very busy, it is almost rivalling August for bookings at the moment, so if you want to stay inside then I highly recommend you pre book.

Gemma Dry - Discover Namibia Safaris

OSKALOOSA
Level Contributor
304 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping in Etosha National Park

Rooms in Halali and Okakuejo camps FELT like luxury when we stayed in June 2012. En suite, spacious, mosquito netting, electric lights, connected motel-like to other rooms... Not like the NORMAL camping we grew up with... dig a pit, crowded in the tent, swatting mosquitos, kerosene lanterns, meet neighbors at a campfire... But you better make a reservation well in advance... Make sure you have Namibian dollars because they don't take credit cards at the gas station at the camp...

5. Re: Camping in Etosha National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Etosha National Park