We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Etosha and share expenses

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Visit Etosha and share expenses

As your research will have shown, accommodation costs in Etosha's 3 camps have risen a lot. Add the petrol costs etc., and sharing a car makes a lot of sense. If anyone is planning to visit Etosha now or in the future, please send me a message via this Forum! I can be your driver & guide, having been there on a number of occasions. If you want video footage of this holiday to show to friens and family, I am an excellent photographer. As regards food, you wouldn't find a better cook by the camp fire. In summary, my presence and services would make the difference between an ordinary holiday and the trip of a lifetime!

All enquiries via this Forum, seeing that I cannot solicit direct responses.

Ulrich

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,617 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Etosha and share expenses

Ulrich,

I would be interested to know how taking you along would save us money? It will still cost to eat and the only way to reduce costs in Etosha accomodation would be for you to share the room!

Regards

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit Etosha and share expenses

Hi

You are quite right, taking me along would not save money directly. However, with vast distances involved my local knowledge might save on petrol, with elusive wildlife my experience will save long fruitless searches,and with my accommodation establishment experience you will save on your overnight stays.

Ulrich

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit Etosha and share expenses

Further to my earlier response. Naturally I would pay my fair share for all expenses.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,617 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit Etosha and share expenses

Ulrich,

People do read your previous posts you know.

So in December when you asked for a website for NWR Lodges and asked for contacts in WDH, and then told another poster that Namutoni was closer to WDH than Okaukeujo you claim:-

your "local knowledge might save on petrol, with elusive wildlife my experience will save long fruitless searches,and with my accommodation establishment experience"

I think not. You may originate from ZA but you are no expert on Namibia and it shows. Sorry.

5. Re: Visit Etosha and share expenses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Etosha National Park