We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island

West Haven, CT
Level Contributor
72 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island

Hi

We are visiting the area for two nights in a few weeks. Planning to hit Mackinac Island the second day there.

But also looking for dining suggestions both in Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island. And things suggested for sure we should do.

Thanks

kathy

Williamston...
Level Contributor
859 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island

If you like history (or maybe even if you don't), I think one should visit Ft. Mackinac on the island. It's the oldest structure on the island and dominates the hill overlooking town, so I don't think one can claim to have seen everything on the island until they've been there. The horse drawn carriage tours seem a tad expensive, but if it's a one time thing, I guess it's worth the splurge just to say you did it. See Arch Rock from both the top and from the bottom. On the mainland, I'd recommend Colonial Michilimackinac. It's not quite as good as Ft. Mackinac, but it's still interesting.

12. Re: Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mackinaw City