We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Same owner owns multiple hotels

detroit
Level Contributor
283 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Same owner owns multiple hotels

The owner of the Hamilton Inn owns several other hotels in the area. He is difficult to deal with and I believe several reviews posted here, to be false. Just be aware.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Same owner owns multiple hotels

What hotel would you recommend staying at? I was considering the Hamilton Inn but after reading SEVERAL reviews, no one has had a very pleasing experience there. Any advice?

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Same owner owns multiple hotels

Ever notice how the 5 Star possitive reviews for the Hamilton always come 2 or more on the same day or consecutive days?

detroit
Level Contributor
283 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Same owner owns multiple hotels

I stayed in a jacuzzi suite on the 4th floor of the Holiday Inn Express, which was nice and had 2 bathrooms, 2 baclonies, a fireplace and living room seperate from the bedroom. Also a little fridge, mircowave and coffee pot with wet bar. I think it was $125.00 at that time. Althought the Holiday Inn Express is not near the water, if that is a concern to you. I could see the bridge a little thru the trees off my balcony. I also think the Clarion is ok

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Same owner owns multiple hotels

My cousins stay at the Chippewa Motor Lodge, year after year.

Michigan
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Same owner owns multiple hotels

You might want to try the hotels across the bridge in St. Ignace. Check out their site at:

http://www.stignace.com

6. Re: Same owner owns multiple hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mackinaw City