We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mackinaw City Audio Tour

Which Mackinaw City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
229 reviews
Save Topic
Mackinaw City Audio Tour

A new feature in Mackinaw City this summer will be recorded messages that can be accessed by cellular phones when visitors are at various historic and natural history locations around the village.the Mackinaw City Chamber of Commerce, Icebreaker Mackinaw Maritime Museum, Emmet County and Mackinaw Area Historical Society are joining to provide the 60-90 second messages.

You can download a tour map and listen to some of the messages at http://MyOnCell.mobi/12314860003

In unrelated news, I wanted to share with the community here that I was engaged at the Eiffel Tower a week ago Friday. Linda and I will be married in late October.

Indian River...
Level Contributor
446 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mackinaw City Audio Tour

Congratulation Light! So will the honeymoon include Mackinac Island?

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mackinaw City Audio Tour

Thanks!

If it had been a summer wedding, it would have included the Island (and a chance to see my parents right after the wedding - they will be unable to attend). But at the end of October, I am thinking of a diffent island destination. Some place warm and sunny.

Edited: 4:29 pm, May 11, 2010
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mackinaw City Audio Tour

HEY Light-that is absolutely wonderful and exciting news!! So happy for you and soon to be bride. I agree-a nice warm tropical island sounds great. And the Eifel Tower-wow-you did it up good!! Are you getting married in Kansas then, or on that tropical island? Wherever-good luck and congratulations. Keep us posted.. :) :)

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mackinaw City Audio Tour

Left to me it would be a small gathering at the Island

But i will be at our church in Kansas. My bride's first husband passed away 3 years ago and the people that went through that part of the journey deserve to be there for the happy ending.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mackinaw City Audio Tour

That is a very kind comment. Good luck and wish you all the best and happiness. :) Tyme

6. Re: Mackinaw City Audio Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Mackinaw City