We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 night Honeymoon stay on the Island

Boyne City, MI
2 posts
Save Topic
2 night Honeymoon stay on the Island

We are looking to stay on the Island Oct. 14th and 15th and wondered if anyone knows of nice hotels with honeymoon suites. I really don't want to be right downtown and would very much like a view of the water. Any suggestions? The Chippewa and Windermere both sound good from the reviews.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 night Honeymoon stay on the Island

Others will be along with recomendations. But I just wanted to mention that there is no reason to avoid "right downtown" in mid October. The Island is a small community and there will not be a crowd of visitors.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 night Honeymoon stay on the Island

Check out the Grand. It's expensive, but they have some good deals right now, and it's hands down the most romantic honeymoon destination on the island...an experience you'll never forget. We just got back from the Grand and had a wonderful time, there's nothing like it. A lot of people on this site complain about the price, but I don't think it's that bad. Keep in mind that your room price includes a fantastic 5 course dinner that would cost at the very least $150 per couple AND an awesome full-on breakfast in the morning (easily a $40 per couple breakfast anywhere on the island). Anywhere else you go that's decent, you're going to pay $150 for the room, $100 for a decent dinner and $25 for breakfast. When it's all said and done, the smart money's on Grand Hotel.

Michigan
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 night Honeymoon stay on the Island

In August I stayed at the Main Street Inn & Suites. The island was not very busy at that time of year. They have porters to carry your luggage for you to your hotel. We paid them between $2.00 & $3.00 per bag. I would recommend the valet parking. It only cost $5.00 for them to park your car for you. Then when you leave the island give your ticket to your porter and your car will be waiting for you when you get off the ferry. I also recommend the arnold line ferry. It does't cost any more than the others but it is nicer.They're rooms are very nice. The Main Street Inn has a honeymoon suite, a one bedroom suite, and a one bedroom suite with jaquizzi tub. They do not have breakfast with the rooms, but they are decorated very nice. The web site for the hotel is www.mainstreetinnand suites.com Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon. Let us know how you like the island and what hotel you staye at.

4. Re: 2 night Honeymoon stay on the Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 23, 2009