We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast?

We just found out we are going to be able to make a trip to Mackinac this year. Yeah!! Didn't think we would be able to. We usually stay at bed and breakfasts, but this year we'll be staying at Main Street Inn & Suites. They do not serve breakfast, so I'm looking for suggestions of good places to try.

We'll be going in early October. Thanks in advance!

Mackinac Island, MI
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast?

Jessie's Chuck Wagon has fantastic breakfasts, it is just a few doors down from Main Street Inn. They don't always stay open until the end of October, so it depends on when you will be here. It's your basic 'home-cooked' food kind of grill, tiny but good.

Main Street Inn is in the heart of town, so you will be within a block or two of lots of eateries. (Village Inn, Patrick Sinclairs, Pub & Oyster Bar are a few) If you are there on a Sunday, a few have really great Sunday brunches during the summer, the Chippewa dining room is famous for theirs, but I'm not sure about October.

For a simpler breakfast (delicious rolls/muffins/coffee) Martha's Sweet Shoppe is less than a block away. The Beanery is farther away, on the other side of the yacht harbor. That would be about a five or six block walk--but they have great coffee and goodies too.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast?

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure if all those restaurants served breakfast, but so glad they do.

We are going the first week of October, so I think most things will still be open. Never been there in the fall. Can't wait!

3. Re: Breakfast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island