We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather for 4th

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
weather for 4th

The ten day forecast looks horrible, what's july weather like? Is it like Chicago where it changes daily? I can handle 70s but no point in going if its raining :(

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
281 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather for 4th

It's hard to predict the weather with any real accuracy more than 3 days out - and even then meteorologists get it wrong. I just looked at the 10-day forecast for Mackinac Island on weather.com and it shows 0% chance of rain on the 4th of July.

No matter when I visit, I always take layers. It can be cool in the mornings and evenings and warm during the day.

We just left the island Sunday after a 10-day stay and we saw cool, warm, rain, dry, fog...seems like everything but ice and snow.

We were also there last Fourth of July and a light jacket was all I needed in the evenings, though the locals were in shorts and t-shirts!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather for 4th

A typical 4th would be mostly sunny, upper 70s and a light breeze.

Cold weather can come any time. That results in a lot of sweat shirt sales, but I can't actually remember ever needing a jacket to watch the fireworks

Clio, Michigan
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather for 4th

dress in layers, take a poncho and umbrella - it is still so much fun to go on the island. I try not to let the weather ruin my vacations.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather for 4th

People party heartier on the island when it's raining ;)

Seriously though, meteorologists up here can't predict the weather tomorrow. Gear up, come with the right attitude and you'll have a blast!

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather for 4th

Weather this summer in the area has been a little rainy and cool, but still sunnier than it has been downstate. (We live downstate, but have a cabin near Mackinaw). Weather is prone to changing very quickly, but after a recent hot spell the days have been sunny, in the 70's and cool at night. As others have said, dress in layers and be prepared for nearly anything. Bring bug spray the mosquitoes this year are in full force.

6. Re: weather for 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014