We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent an electric scooter for Senior Citizen??

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
151 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Rent an electric scooter for Senior Citizen??

I'm going to stay at the Grand Hotel on July 5th. My 82 year old father isn't that mobile anymore.....hard to walk. Does anyone know if there is place where I can rent an electric scooter or even an electric wheelchair for DAD? He's 100% mentally but it will be hard for him to get around without a car!

Thanks so much. If possible...e-mail me as well: vered4@aol.com

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent an electric scooter for Senior Citizen??

Did you contact the hotel?

Many larger hotels have arangements power chairs..

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent an electric scooter for Senior Citizen??

The bicycle rental companies have scooters available. Also there are horse-drawn cabs. Check this thread: <http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g42423-i351-k586430-l3730945-Mackinaw_Island_or_Mackinaw_City-Mackinac_Island_Michigan.html#3730945>

Michigan
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent an electric scooter for Senior Citizen??

Yes I just found this on mackinac.com . There are electric carts available on the island at Ryba's Bikes. Visit their website at www.rybabikes.com or call (906) 847-3208. You need make a reservation because they only have three available.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
151 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent an electric scooter for Senior Citizen??

Thanks so much to all of you who have emailed info to me! I found some electric scooters at RYBA's and I reserved one for DAD! It's mighty expensive....but I think it will be well worth it!!

I love the message board and forums...such a wonderful resource of information!!

5. Re: Rent an electric scooter for Senior Citizen??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 16, 2009