We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation

Prague, Czech...
10 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation

Sorry for creating a new topic but I am looking for help concerning accomodation on Mackinac Island..I am traveling with my boyfriend to work there for 4months and we are looking for flat/ room to hire.. Dont you know about someone? We have been offered accomodation for 1 000 dollars a months for a (ugly small) room by our employer.. I have never been in States but I think it is quite a lot, isn´t it??

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation

Have you tried on Facebook pages for the Island? When I worked at Mission Point the rooms were very small and not very nice but you won't spend a huge amount of time in them and from what I understood talking to others there, a lot of employer accommodation is the same. I wasn't charged anywhere near $1000 a month, that was a good few years ago though but this still seems quite expensive for employer accommodation. Good luck!

Prague, Czech...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation

Ou, you worked there? And is there a possibility of finding a second job??well, we will be charged 1000dollars per room - together with my boyfriend.. and that´s the amount we should be paid.. So in fact we are working for accomodation..:/..

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation

I'm sure there are a lot of jobs on the Island during the season but I don't know how easy it would be for you to do two, you're first employer might not be happy with that. Where are you going to be working?

Prague, Czech...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation

At Mission point resort..:))

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation

Lol! Is that $1000 dollars a month between both of you? If so, that's probably about right. I think I paid about $80 dollars a week but that was 11 years ago! Plus, doesn't this include all your meals?The accommodation was not great at all back then, but I guess that's all part of the experience!Are you working as a waitress/bartender at the resort? If so, you will make a lot of money on tips and will probably live off your cash tips, your wages get paid into bank account and rent comes off this. At the height of season you def won't have time for a second job. If not, you could maybe ask the resort for extra shifts as a restaurant hostess (showing customers to seats,etc) in order to gain extra money. Hope this helps! :)

6. Re: Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island