We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water activities

frognet.net
7 posts
Save Topic
Water activities

I am giving up a week in Mazatlan Mexico to stay at the Grand Hotel the end of September/first of October.

The one web site I looked at had a picture of the ferry surrounded by a background of water. Almost made me question my decision.

Are there any water activities available to tourists? i.e. Sunset cruises, Sailboat afternoons, Fishing charters?

Thanks in advance,

Penne

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water activities

Yes and no. The Island is more about the Island than water sports and most of the water based options are only during the summer months. You are are in the fringe season. There aren't enough people there (and it is getting too cool) to support those types of activites in the fall.

Charter companies from St Ignace or Detour could come to the Island to pick you up for fishing.

How long will you be on the Island?

Jefferson City...
Level Contributor
1 post
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water activities

Just got back from there this week. The is a sailing charter which runs from the island three times a day. A couple of charters which go around the bridge and to a lighthouse. If your wanting things like parasailing or kiteboarding we saw some of that in Traverse city about 2 hours away. Several places offer fishing charters.

If your staying on the island be prepared for price sticker shock.

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water activities

There is parasailing in Mackinaw City, but those are summer activities at the Straits of Mackinac.

frognet.net
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Water activities

Thank you for your replies.

I will be in MI 5 days but on the island only 3 days.

I am sure we will find plenty to do.

Just thought it is an island, thus surrounded by water....

but forgot how far north we will be.

I will probably have to rethink my packing too.

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water activities

Since you sound like you are active, bicycling and horse back riding may appeal.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water activities

accuweather.com/us/…

Historical weather information ...... could be 80 F or could be 30 F .... will probably be 60-ish high and 40-ish low (according to history)

7. Re: Water activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 12, 2012