We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mackinac Island and Mackinaw Crossing

Free Soil, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Mackinac Island and Mackinaw Crossing

We are thinking on taking a tour group to these places. We dont know how the Prices corspond with what we would have to pay for the tour group. it is 235.@ each we want to justfice every thing. We would get lunch at the Grand Buffett Luncheon at the Grand Hotel , a carrage tour of of the island and the Lilac paraide. and then a tour of Mackinaw city ,St Ignace and shopping at Mackinaw Crossing and spend the night accross form Mackinaw Crossing.

We would be taking a tour bus and we are about 31/2 hr from the bridge let me know what you think thanks

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
403 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mackinac Island and Mackinaw Crossing

I absolutely agree. Bring your own bikes. They only cost about $8 each to bring over on the ferry. That's about the same amount as renting for an hour.

As for the ferry, you will find that we all have our own preferences of which ferry and which city to use. Personally, we enjoy going across the bridge and using Shepler's out of St. Ignace. It is always clean, staff is very friendly, it is hardly ever busy, and parking is very convenient.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mackinac Island and Mackinaw Crossing

I think that Shepler's has the best locations and is a better company from the stand point of corporate citizenship.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mackinac Island and Mackinaw Crossing

I agree with the above two-go with Shepler's. :)

14. Re: Mackinac Island and Mackinaw Crossing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 30, 2012