We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

I'm not sure why I never got around to this before, but I just added a new page detailing what happens on a Mackinac Island Carriage Tour. The photos are from tours in 2008 & 2010.

http://www.mightymac.org/carriagetour.htm

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

I've taken it many times and these pictures depict the trip perfectly! Lovely, isn't it? Wish I was there....Moms

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

Thanks for the pictures and link, Light.

Yes, I was shocked that you had not written of it before....LOL-J/K!

How did your trip go to MI, Light?

Edited: 5:20 pm, April 13, 2011
Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

It went well, tymetraveler. It was the memorial service for my Mother who passed away in November. Despite the long delay and her having been shut in for many years, there were about 80 people.

When I return this summer, we will dedicate a park bench along the lakeshore in her memory.

When are you going up, Moms?

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

I knew it was the memorial trip for your mother, Light. It sounds like it went well then. The bench sounds like a wonderful idea. Where will it be-in the park near the lighthouse? Hope your father is doing well. Take care and let us know when you will be coming up in the summer!

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

Considering he is 97, Dad is doing great. Still driving, golfing, in 4th place in the cribbage league.

The bench will either be at the water access across from the Church of the Straits or a newly developing park area at the end of the street next to Shepler's parking lot.

Having made 3 trips in the past 5 months, I am not going again until Labor Day weekend. We booked a room at the Dearhead Lodge, which is one of the few places not to raise their rates on that peak weekend.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

Wow, amazing what your father can still do! So glad for him and you. I know a lady who recently turned 109. She pitched the first ball at the Loon's game in Midland a week ago on her birthday. She is awesome and amazing to talk too! A truly inspiring woman, with a great memory. We all love her!

It that new developing park to the east of Shepler's parking lot? Or west? Guessing east. If west, what was there before? I like the little area across from the church- we have "sat" there in the quiet and enjoyed it. :)

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

Just north of the lot near the dock, on public land at thened of the street.

That park by the church is special to me. My Grandmother's home was on the block diagonaly accross the street and I spent a lot of summer hours playing on that stretch of lake front.

Took this photo there a week ago today

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

Nice memories for you, Light, so that would be a great spot, for sure.

I clicked thru all the photos and I really like the photo of the bridge taken from

the northeast blockhouse of Colonial Fort Michilimackinac. Great composition~!

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

Thank you for posting the tour details. I am booked for a 3 day trip in late June and am looking forward to doing the carriage tour with friends. I worked on the Island many, many years ago and never did do one of the tours back then, so this will be a great way to begin our girls trip in June! Thanks again!

10. Re: Mackinac Island Carriage Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island