We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain biking on park trails?

Marshall, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Mountain biking on park trails?

I read a brief description of singletrack trails going through the interior park section of the island. Sounds like something my partner and I would love...Anyone done this? What condition/difficulty are the trails? We're not hardcore mountain bikers but we do alright. Thanks for any info. (Don't want to spend the gas, time and money and get there only to be disappointed. Thank you!

MICHIGAN
Level Contributor
85 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountain biking on park trails?

There are a couple pretty blacktop bike trails that the park maintains that are easy riding - just some hills. The fun "mountain" biking is to ride the unpaved horse trails. Go to one of the riding stables and ask for a trail map. They are not - at all, but they are a nice ride. Be aware, though, because they are horse trails you will encounter what the horses "drop"! Have a great time!

Mackinac Island, MI
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountain biking on park trails?

Yeah baby, there are 70 miles of trails for mountain biking and saddle horses, just remember that horses always have the right of way on Mackinac and give them their space. The tourism bureau has the best trail map of the Island, pick one up at the booth across from the Arnold Line Ferry docks.