We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Riding

Austin, Texas
7 posts
Save Topic
Horse Riding

I've seen horse riding mentioned as an acitivity for kids. I called Cindy's Stables and Jack's Livery regarding riding. Jack's told me they don't rent horses to kids under age 9. Does anyone know of any options for younger kids?

MICHIGAN
Level Contributor
85 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Riding

Have you gone yet? We take our kids every summer, so I'll give you several ideas if it's for next summer.

Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Riding

You can rent a buggy and take them for a buggy ride. When I was there, I saw quite a few families doing that and it looked like a lot of fun.

Taking a bike ride around the island is another option you might want to try. It's an easy ride and plenty of sights and places to stop along the way.

Mackinac Island, MI
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Riding

There are pony rides at the Chambers Pony Stable on Grand Hill. Small children just aren't able to handle the horses so its a safety issue. Jack's Livery offers Drive your Own Buggies and the kids can take turns at the reigns which is a great way to begin teaching them about respect for horses and gives them the fun horse experience at the same time.

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse Riding

How about take a horse ride. I don't remember where to get on. Somewhere downtown on Main St. near Murdick's.

Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island