We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mission Point Resort

Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Mission Point Resort

Seen alot on other hotels, nothing on this one. Plan to stay there in August, with two children, 10 and 12. Any suggestions on fun things to do, best places to visit or eat? Thanks.

Indiana
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mission Point Resort

Clarkbar,

I hate to rain on your parade, but here was my experience. My husband and I stayed there exactly two years ago. We paid over $300/night for a 'lake view'. HA! We were stuck in the dorm, and yes you could just barely see the lake over the house in front of us. Terribly, terribly disappointed. No a/c. I've had better rooms in a Days Inn. We complained and did get some reimbursement. On the positive side, the grounds are very nice and the restaurant was great. I would visit here again, but never stay. We did try to move to the Chippewa hotel, but Mission Point wouldn't refund our money. The Iroquois looked really nice, and I've had friends that enjoyed the Lilac Inn.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mission Point Resort

deanejc.... you had a great report, you might want to post it again as as new topic, but with the same information. More people will read it I bet and appreciate it. I especially note the information about your motel. Good stuff!

Mackinac Island...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Mission Point Resort

Mission Point is great, they are very family oriented and offer kayaking, parasailing, bike rentals, movies, puppetshow/guitarist guy in the evenings and lots more. Their website is good www.missionpoint.com and so is their literature which you can request online. Try it, you'll like it.

Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island