We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
westmi
5 posts
Save Topic
Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

My husband and I are planning a 24th ann. here-- does anyone have first hand experience with this condo? We have visited the island before but have never stayed over night....Finding out our penthouse room has no ac has made me very nervous because we are visiting in mid July...any comments would be appreciated

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

Hello outsider,

I went to the weather underground site, and last year in July the high avg was 72°F and the low average was 55°F. I would say not having A/C should not be as big a problem as you might have thought, opening a window might work just fine. Depends on the weather.

Hope the weather is nice for you.

westmi
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

Thank-you yooperbacker, bikes are our next ?...would it be worth it for two night stay...I am thinking "bluffs" here now a little concerned if I would be able physically to make those inclines...have you been there ..are they incredible?

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

When ever I have gone to Mackinac Island I always walked.

My daughter has rented a bike, rented a horse.

Below is a list of bike rental places on the Island. I will let you decide if you want to take your bikes.

Ryba's Bicycle Rentals

http://www.rybabikes.com/

Mackinac Island Bike Shop

http://www.mackinacislandbikes.com/rates.html

ORRKIDS Bike Shop

www.mackinacbikes.com/rentalprices.html

A round trip fare on the ferry for your bike, if you bring one, is $7.50.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
402 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

We always take our own bikes. It costs $7 each to bring them on the ferry, and the freedom and mobility they provide are well worth it. You'll be about 2 miles out of town. It is a very pleasant walk/ride, but having a bike is a real plus.

We have stayed at the condos run by Sunset Condos in the same complex, and have always been pleased. Have fun!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,034 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

My family used to own a motel in Harbor Springs. The weather in the summer is comparable there to Mackinac Island.

When people would call to book reservations and asked if we had A/C, our standard answer was "No, but we do have blankets."

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

Redrox: That is hilarious! I sit here with a knowing smile thinking about the need for blankets on a cool summer night! Moms

westmi
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

I am sitting here thinking how would I need blankets in the middle of July. I live in lower MI, it is usually so hot here in July the room ac is running full time:) I hope you are right about needing blankets-- it would be perfect for me...Thanks everyone

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

It has been cool up here this year. I live in Manistique on Lake Michigan halfway between the Mackinac Bridge and the Wisconsin border. So far this year we have had two days where it hit above 70°F. This was on June 1st and 2nd but it was windy those two days. The next time we were above 70°F was October 5th, 2007 and on that day it was windy, foggy and rainy. The last time we had two days in a row over 70°F (other then what we had this year in June) was September 7th and 8th, 2007. And just for fun, the last time it was over 80°F was August 14th, 2007 but it was windy.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

Outsider,

Suprisingly yes it really is that cool! I lived in Mackinaw for most of my life and then I moved to lower Michigan for a few years. I was shocked by how hot it could get! Here in Chicago the heat can be almost unbearable but in Mackinaw it will barely be short weather. Most people who live there don't have air conditioning in their houses either.

As far as bikes, its really up to you. I would say you could probably bike almost anywhere. There are a couple hills that are "walking" steep but mostly you should be okay. If you want to bike all the way around the island its really the best way to go. Or, if you wanted a pretty specifically "Mackinac" experiance you could rent a horse-drawn carriage for the afternoon and do the trip around the island.

Rockford, MI
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake Bluff Condos at stonecliffe

The Summer House Suites at Stonecliffe have a very efficient water source heatpump system for cooling and heating.