We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegan meals??

flint
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vegan meals??

I am taking my *vegan* friend with me for a weekend trip on the island. She has *heard* that there are not many options on the island for vegans...can anyone confirm or deny this?? Thanks!!!

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegan meals??

LOL...not many vegan options anywhere in Northern Michigan. You'll definitely be able to get by, but I doubt you'll have tons of options.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegan meals??

Hmmm...chips and salsa at Horn's Bar? That's really about all I can think of.

Seriously, many of the restaurants on the Island have websites with menus. You could do a little research for her, or send the sites to her to check out. Here is a link to many of them:

http://www.mackinacisland.org/dining.html

Happy hunting. (No pun intended) :)

michigan
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegan meals??

I'm vegan and it will be hard to find a vegan restaurant geared towards vegetarians. I even googled and came up with nothing. I've visited up north many times and basically just ordered my food minus the meat and dairy. Like a BLT with no bacon and put mustard on it. She'll just have to order everything and tell them no meat or cheese and she can add things to it I'm sure. Places are pretty much always accommodating. Good luck and have a great time! :)

Michigan
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegan meals??

On the top of the pages in tripadvisor is a create your guide where you can plan your trip. Click on this and then go to restaurants. They have the menues on the web pages. Just click on the web site for that restaurant. It also has reviews you can read.

I found some vegan meals at the Island House Bar & Grill.

Maybe this will also give you a sense of what the prices are before you even go to a restaurant. I like to do a little research so I am prepared.

5. Re: Vegan meals??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island