We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colors this week on Mackinac Island?

Michigan
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Colors this week on Mackinac Island?

How are the colors on Mackinac Island this week? I was thinking of taking my kids to the Island this weekend(10/20/07). I have never been to the Island in the fall. If the color is almost gone then I will plan on it next fall. I also plan on checking the weather before we go too. It has been rainy and in the 50's this week. I only live about a hour away from the Island. I am more concerned about the color. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colors this week on Mackinac Island?

Hey windduster,

We're heading to the island this weekend too! I live about 1/2 hour from Mackinaw City and the color's not too great around here. There's still a lot of color in the trees, but it's pretty muted, not the vibrant red, yellow and oranges you see in early fall. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty, just not a color explosion.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colors this week on Mackinac Island?

I don't know, I was out on the lake last night and I might have to retract that previous post...the colors are still awesome!!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colors this week on Mackinac Island?

My parents that live in Mackinaw, drove down towards Wolverine last weekend and said the colors were good and not yet to the peak.

4. Re: Colors this week on Mackinac Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 11, 2009