We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lugging a bike and suitcase?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Lugging a bike and suitcase?

So if I travel by ferry with a bike and a big ol' suitcase, how can I get to my hotel? Can I get a horse-drawn taxi that will haul my bike and luggage?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lugging a bike and suitcase?

Where are you staying? Some hotels meet you at the dock and take your luggage, golf clubs, what ever..

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lugging a bike and suitcase?

There will be young people on bicycles at the dock who will take your suitcase to the hotel for a modest fee. You will then ride your bike to the hotel. This is how it's done on the island. Have fun!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lugging a bike and suitcase?

Yep! The bell caps meet you at the dock. They will take your luggage while you may enjoy the Main Street area (or any other area on the island) on your bike. When you arrive at the hotel, your bag will be waiting. Love it! Moms

4. Re: Lugging a bike and suitcase?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mackinac Island