We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are many things closed in Holland on Sunday?

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
358 posts
441 reviews
Save Topic
Are many things closed in Holland on Sunday?

We're trying to plan a weekend get away and originally we were going to be in Holland on Saturday but now it looks like it may have to be on Sunday. Are a lot of the shops and attractions closed on Sunday or is pretty much everything open?

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are many things closed in Holland on Sunday?

When are you planning to go to Holland? I am assuming most shops are open on Sunday, at least during summer and fall tourist seasons.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,977 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are many things closed in Holland on Sunday?

It's hit and miss . Holland is heavily influenced by the Reformed Church and many things like McDonalds are closed but they have changed much since 1978 when I attended Hope College there. Good luck.

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
358 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are many things closed in Holland on Sunday?

Thanks, Rono. I was afraid that might be the case. But the schedule has once again changed and we'll be there on Monday instead so that should be better. This will be in September.

Edited: 7:57 am, August 26, 2014
Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are many things closed in Holland on Sunday?

Most restaurants are open- McDonald's is certainly open! All the Downtown restaurants and pubs are open, and about half of the shops are open, most with hours from 11-4. The number of open on Sunday shops will decrease in the fall and winter. All of the attractions like Dutch Village and Windmill Island are open!

Unfortunately, Saturdays or week days are probably better times to visit Holland.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,977 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are many things closed in Holland on Sunday?

McDonald's on Washington and Chicago Dr. are closed on Sunday but indeed there are four others.

Michigan
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are many things closed in Holland on Sunday?

Re: Holland McDonalds

I've never had a problem going to any of the Holland McDonalds franchises on a Sunday.

A look at their website listing of all 4 of the Holland area franchises shows that the drive throughs are open 24 hrs and the restaurants are open from 6am to 11pm.

The Fillmore store, which I don't consider the Holland area at all, is only open from 6am to 11pm.

http://www.mcstate.com/

Edited: 5:02 pm, September 02, 2014
7. Re: Are many things closed in Holland on Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 04, 2015