We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulip time 2013

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Tulip time 2013

We are planning to be in Holland May2-5th. Travelling with a 4yr & a 6yr old.

Is there enough stuff to do for 4 days?

Is it possible to see the tulips without doing a city tour?

We are planning to be there for a small break, & dont want to end up spending too much on tickets for events.

Is the Dutch village worth a half day visit!

Recommendations welcome. Looking for a leisurely trip.

Holland, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulip time 2013

Yes, yes and yes! When you arrive, stop by the Tulip Time Festival office and we'll set you up with a map that identifies all the tulip plantings and it'll help you get around the city. Free Dutch Dance performances take place each day you are in town. The Meijer Midway carnival opens on Fri., May 3. The Art & Craft Festival runs May 4-5. Kinderplaats is held on May 4-5 which is a wonderland for kids! Also on May 5 is a great children's event "Move to the Muziek", and the Festival grand opening festivities with live music and fireworks that evening. Visits to Nelis' Dutch Village, Windmill Island Gardens and Veldheer's Tulip Gardens are also highly recommended. Feel free to contact our office for more details at 800.822.2770 or visit tuliptime.com.

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulip time 2013

I am planning a day trip to Holland Michigan to see tulips. Last year I missed them by a week and by the time I reached there, it was all gone. What is the best time to see tulips this year?

Edited: 9:09 am, April 21, 2013
3. Re: Tulip time 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Holland