We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere for breakfast

michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere for breakfast

Coming to GR this weekend. Looking for a place for breakfast between 628 Diamond Street, NE and GR Ford Museum. Maybe somewhere near the museum we can park at the museum and then walk. Want something other than a chain. Thanks

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere for breakfast

There are not too many options within walking distance of the museum, especially in the winter. I would recommend Sundance Grill (across the river from the museum at the southeast corner of Pearl and Ottawa. They have a nice breakfast menu.

Two of my other favorite breakfast places are not too far from Diamond Ave - Cherie Inn and Marie Catrib's. Both are excellent breakfast places.

For more info see:

…yahoo.com/p-travelguide-16468824R-cherie_in…

http://www.mariecatribs.com/

michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere for breakfast

I'm leaning toward Cherie Inn. What is the parking like there and how busy will it be Saturday morning around 9 o'clock?

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere for breakfast

There isn't a parking lot but lots of parking on the Cherry St. and lots of side streets around for parking as well - I never have a problem finidng a spot. 9:00 is probably a good time to go - you may have a short wait but you should be ok.

Have a great trip!

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere for breakfast

You should really drive, or take a cab to East town to Brandywine...one of my favorite breakfast places in GR. The other, Rose's on Reed Lake is also a relatively short drive.

5. Re: Somewhere for breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, October 19, 2009