We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping Bear Dunes tomorrow!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Sleeping Bear Dunes tomorrow!

A few questions, thank you in advance!

1.Visiting Sleeping Bear Dunes tomorrow, and hoping to have a well planned day! Packing a picnic...and heading to The visitor center, the empire bluff trail I had already read about and chosen to do that trail, pierce stocking Drive, climb dunes and then there was one additional thing I read on another person's question that they were going to do...... Glen Haven. What is there?

2.We have 2 active little boys who love to fish if there are any fishing spots around there that are sure places to catch, would be great info. They do not care the size of the fish. We carry around the poles with us in case we see a promising spot.

3.Renting Kayaks--how expensive is it to rent kayaks and kayak around the dunes?

Any other tips, advice, or must do's (w/in close proximity to where we are going to be)from our rental in TC will be welcomed!

Thanks so much!

Level Contributor
2,836 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Sleeping Bear Dunes tomorrow!

sleepingbeardunes.com/plan/…

Maybe a tad late, but this should help with fishing ideas and rentals (and much more).

Michigan
Level Contributor
825 posts
2. Re: Sleeping Bear Dunes tomorrow!

Wish I had seen this sooner! I've seen kids fishing off the small dock on South Bar Lake inside Empire's lake park. No idea what if anything they catch though.

We love Honor Canoe Rental for their kayaks and for their service getting us to the drop-on for the (lower) Little Platte kayak trip. They make returning the kayaks so easy (no waiting!). The "beach" area at the park at the end, where Little Platte flows into Lake Michigan, is great as well.

What did you end up doing, and did you enjoy your day?

3. Re: Sleeping Bear Dunes tomorrow!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 22, 2017