We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The weather in Late September

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
The weather in Late September

What is the weather like in late September to very early Oct? Is it pretty rainy and chilly at that time ? I am looking for weather good enough for kids to play in the lakes . Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Chelsea, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The weather in Late September

That far north will most likely not be warm enough to swim outside during that time of year but it is still enjoyable to sit on the beach. Maybe the southern parts of Michigan would be like New Buffalo but you'd still be pushing it. Last year in mid Michigan it was in the mid 70's during the last week of September and then dropped into the low 60's/high 50's if my memory serves me right. That means Empire was probably more like 60's during the last week of September and in the 50's heading into October.

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
New Buffalo
New Buffalo
Berrien County, MI
Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The weather in Late September

If you do an internet search for "historic weather for Empire Michigan in October" you will get very useful information. It could be 70+ or it could be 40.

Mentioned in this post
Empire
Empire
Leelanau County, MI
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The weather in Late September

…accuweather.com/en/…2210936

Please keep in mind, averages often dont mean much. Averages are only a balance of extremes. :-)

Reply to: The weather in Late September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted