We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinking of visiting Detriot again

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
thinking of visiting Detriot again

last time, I did not get the touristy stuff. This time, it's also for the baseball playoffs and may the TIgers go all the way. I cut my trip short last time because of Sandy. I was going to the Ford Rouge Museum, but did not. Is a visit to Univ of Mich also possible (or a Big 8-10-12 football college?) Did the Motown tour, didn't feel to good in the city itself, went out to the suburbs to stock up on water and snacks. Just thinking out loud, would be the last home stand for the Tigers (which they will win, this time).

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: thinking of visiting Detriot again

The only UM and Tigers games that would overlap would be UM vs. Akron on 9/14 and the Tigers hosting the Royals that weekend (with home games the entire following week). Expect to pay $$$ for both. UM is always a sellout, but Akron is probably a less desirable game vs a ND or OSU, so check out the secondary market. The Tigers have also been selling out - especially on the weekends. I was at the day game on Friday and a makeup afternoon game drew over 38,000.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thinking of visiting Detriot again

My visit would be for during the playoffs. I don't want to jinx anyone, but I think it's Detriot's time, all the way.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thinking of visiting Detriot again

Well, if you're planning an October trip, here's U of M's football schedule.

mgoblue.com/sports/…mich-m-footbl-sched.html

A drive to East Lansing for a Spartans football game would be about a two hour drive from Detroit (city center).

Detroit, Michigan
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: thinking of visiting Detriot again

If you come sooner rather than later you can see the Transformers movie set downtown right now. It is pretty cool.

If you are planning on going to downtown Detroit here are some restaurant suggestions (both known and unknown):

-Slows BBQ

-Eastern Market

-Supinos

-Senor Lopez

-Astros

-Avalon Bakery (get their sea salt and chocolate chip cookies)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thinking of visiting Detriot again

First time visit this past weekend - did Motown and the historic Ford Model T plant on Piquette ---had lunch at Boulevard Café near the Henry Ford Hospital --- we felt comfortable, not unsafe and everyone friendly to us folk visiting from Canada - drove down Woodward heading back to Windsor - ; Art Gallery , Fox Theatre and area looked good - no time for us to get out to walk around - would like to go back and spend bit more time ---

6. Re: thinking of visiting Detriot again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 27, 2014